Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Wednesday in Santorini

Photos: 1) Maria and I walking down to Fira's port, 2) Me on the path, 3) on my donkey, 4) with Maria in Oia for the sunset








Today was lovely. Maria-Fernanda, Denise and I went to the black beach of Perissa first and took some photos, then we took the car to Fira again, walking around and shopping some more. I bought Greek earrings, ring, and bracelet as well as some post cards and souvenirs for friends/family. We were thinking about taking the three hour trip to the volcano island in the middle of the caldera, but it is 18 euros, plus you have to pay to get down to the port and back up (unless you walk the 600 steps). We decided against it, since you can't see actual lava anyway, and instead Maria and I walked down to the port (her mom was tired and took a nap in the car). At the port we sunbathed and enjoyed the beautiful weather and water. We took the donkeys back up for 5 euros which was quite fun.

From there we drove to the port at Oia again and had a late lunch. We just had bread and salad because the fish was very expensive, but the view and the weather in Aramoodi (that's how it's pronounced not spelled - it's Oia's port) were lovely. After that we took Denise back to the hotel and put on warmer clothes to go see the sunset from Oia. The sunset was a bit better tonight, but there were still some low-laying clouds; however, we had the best seat in the place - sitting on this white wall that overlooked the city and the sunset and a beautiful Greek flag. We got some great photos.

Now, Maria and her mom are at dinner, but I'm just going to make a sandwich - the internet cafe closes soon so I needed more time. I'm going to wait to put up photos until I get the ones off Maria's camera as well.

I'm so sad they are leaving tomorrow :'( However, I'm going to climb the nearby mountain up to ancient Fira with Tony and maybe some others tomorrow morning. Then I think I'll hit the beach (it's supposed to be warmer) and read. I thought I'd have so much time to just chill here and get my work done, but alas, I'm busy as ever! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment