Monday, April 20, 2009

Sunday and Monday

Sunday was my last day in Santorini. I woke up very late and went down to the beach where I laid in the sand for a while. It was overcast so only the sand was very warm. Then I snuck into a nearby hostel to use their free wi-fi since the one at my hotel was closed for easter. There were lamb roasts all along the beach because of Easter and firecrackers being exploded all day long. Later I went to dinner with Alana (a girl from New Zealand who was staying in my hostel) and we walked along the beach seeing what all was open. She's going to stay and work in Santorini until September so is looking for a job and a place to stay. I took her by Tony's to show her an example of an apt she could look into and to meet him and Vanessa and Andrew who live next door. I said good-bye to Tony, Vanessa, and Andrew and went to bed fairly early since I had to get up at 5 am to go to the airport.

I arrived in Athens around 8 am, and returned to the hostel I stayed in last time. I booked one night here, still hoping to find someone to couchsurf with for Tues and Wed night. I then met up with Lucky (the waiter from before) and we walked around the city a bit. He doesn't speak a lot of English so it was frustrating for me to talk with him, but he is a nice guy and it was a pleasant morning. I then took a nap. lol Don't know what I'm going to do tonight - hopefully I'll meet some people at the hostel to hang out with.

No comments:

Post a Comment