Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sunday in Agrinio

Anna and I slept until 10:30 today and after we got up and had breakfast, we watched “Bride Wars” and I painted her nails. She showed everyone all day, saying how talented I am, which made me laugh since it was only plain red - not even a French manicure or anything. We wanted to go hiking, but the day was overcast and we didn’t have much time anyway since lunch was at 2 and she had to be at work at 4:30.

I went to work with her to Fairytale Land where I read some of my book then talked with Anna as she manned the cash register (I sat at the bar in front of her). I also walked around the facility. All the moon bounces were inflated today and they looked like a lot of fun. They also have some cool animals that I looked at - llamas, swans, rams, deer, and ostrich. The ostrich (ostriches?) were the coolest - their feet look like dinosaur feet and they walk like the way dinos in movies walk. It was pretty neat. Anna said if they kick you their legs are so strong they can kill you (like kangaroos I guess).

Later when there were less kids around, I went and jumped on one of the trampolines and this 7 year old girl got on with me and we jumped together. She enjoyed copying everything I did. We moved from moon bounce to trampoline for an hour and a half before I was thoroughly exhausted and went back to the café area and hung out with Anna and her friends for an hour before coming home. Anna wanted to go to a club with her cousin, so I told her to go (I am too tired to have gone).

Tomorrow I leave for Patra on the bus at 2 pm, then I take a ferry at 6 pm for Bari, Italy, arriving at about 8:30 am. Long ride! From there I’ll take the train to Salerno, Italy where I’ll couch surf with another girl named Anna. Small world. Anyway, may not update in a while - but will as soon as I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment