Tuesday, January 20, 2009

It's Good to be an American...



Pictures: 1) Bridgette, me, Lennon at The Shakespeare's Head, 2) Orlando Bloom, 3) the King and me, 4) me with the coolest two people ever

Especially on Inauguration day - why?? Because you get into Madame Tussuad's for free!! lol (Normally 25 pounds!). Everyone else had class today, and I'd heard a rumor about the free entrance for US citizens, so equipped with my passport I set out for the wax museum. It took me about 45 minutes to walk there because I got a bit lost, but it was a beautiful walk in the area of Regent's Park. A middle school girl helped me out (since google maps failed me!). The line for the museum was a bit long, but almost everyone in line was American and everyone was chatting. The guy next to me was a dual citizen who is thinking about moving to CA soon. lol Everyone was saying stuff like "We feel like secret agents whipping out our badges (passports) and getting in for free."

The wax figures were quite impressive. My favorites were Leonardo DiCaprio (yes, you can marry me), and Orlando Bloom (go away on a pirate ship with you? I'll think about it...). Actually, my very favorites were Clark Gable and Vivien Leigh - I had another American take a picture of me with them. I also saw Obama, the Beatles, Brad and Angelina, Indiana Jones ;), Lance Armstrong, the royal family, and many more. It was pretty cool, but certainly not worth 25 pounds! However I did have to pay six pounds for 4 double A batteries when my batteries died.

Last night a bunch of us went to "The Shakespeare's Head" pub. It wasn't too exciting - just a few middle aged people and no music :( But, we sat around and talked a bit which was nice.

Tonight we are going with our professor to an Obama inauguration party a couple tube stops away. We were invited by one of the professor's friends who is also a professor. Should be fun. Anyway, better go watch the speech - I think it should be on TV here in about 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment