Monday, January 26, 2009

Buckingham Palace/Victoria Park and Billy Elliot

1) Me on the Monument in front of Buckingham Palace, 2) Me in front of the Billy Elliot theater, 3) Me in front of palace, 4) and 5) doing cartwheels and poses in Victoria Park




Today Ashley and I went to the Victoria Palace theater to see if I could get a cheap ticket to go see Billy Elliot. I am in the very top of the theater the very last row, but it was 17.50 pounds as opposed to 38, so that's what I'm going to do tonight. The girl said it wasn't really that far away, just high - so I guess I'll see! Everyone else except Ashley is going to see Phantom of the Opera tonight, but I want to see so many shows (Wicked, Dirty Dancing, Sound of Music, Lion King, Gone With the Wind) that I can't afford to see Phantom as well. I've seen the movie - that's good enough. lol

Anyway, after I bought that ticket, Ashley and walked to Buckingham Palace and took lots of pictures, then walked to Victoria Park next door and enjoyed the beautiful day. It really was lovely today - blue blue skies and sun.

I stopped by the Waitrose on the way home to get some groceries and that was about it. I'll update about the show later!

OK, it is now later and I am back from Billy Elliot. It was SOOOO amazing!!!! The seat was really not too bad - had a full view of the stage and the audio was perfect. The 2 people next to me were American and they were talking about how they thought they got a pretty good deal on the seats - well, I talked to them a bit later and it turns out they paid 35 pounds a piece for theirs! I was thinking "sweet - I got a deal!" Anyway, the kid in the play was a phenomenal dancer - he could tap at least as well as I can (probably better) and his ballet was out of this world. I am so glad I went even if I did go alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment