Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Borough Market and Pancake Party (Friday)

Pictures: 1) Katie and me in front of St. Paul's, 2) me with Tower Bridge, 3) Me, Travis, Katie, Katy on Tower Bridge, 4) Lennon, Katy, Bridgette, and me at pancake party, 5) Katie and me at pancake party




On Friday, Travis, his friend Ben, Katie B., Katy K., and I all walked to Borough Market which is a little over two miles away under some train bridges near the bank of the Thames. The market is very famous, serving food from all over the world in a market setting. There are also tons of fruit and vegetable stands. The walk there was lovely - the day was warm when in the sun and the skies were blue. On the way we passed St. Paul's and took a couple pictures there. There were many photographers out, given that London has so few really nice days this time of year.

Once we got to the market it was sensory overload with so many sights and smells. I ended up having a Greek lamb burger with tzatziki sauce and sprouts. It was SO good! Then Katie, Katy and I walked over to a dessert stand that they'd been to before and I had carrot cake. They had a brownie which looked amazing, but I decided to give up chocolate for while. The carrot cake was good though and not too rich - so hopefully it wasn't too fattening either! lol

The whole market was chalk full of people! It felt like everyone in London was there. After a little over and hour we were more than ready to head out of the mayhem and walk along the river toward Tower Bridge. On the way we passed a reconstruction of a Sir Francis Drake ship and then we passed a real battleship which was anchored in the Thames. Because the day was so pretty there were children playing in a green grassy area near the bridge and it was so cute to watch them chasing geese and pigeons. We walked across Tower Bridge (which is the first time I'd been anywhere near it this trip) and took pictures. From there the rest of the group decided to go to Kensington Gardens so Ben could see them before he went home, but I was getting cold (the wind had become chilly), so I went back to the flat.

That night we had a "pancake party" for Olivia's and my birthdays. This consisted of Katie making amazing pancakes for everyone, and all the flatmates dressing up and hanging out in our living room together. Olivia had a great 80s mix to play in the background and we had a good time just hanging out, eating cupcakes and pancakes, and taking pictures. The flatmates gave me a lovely birthday card, and it was overall a great night.

No comments:

Post a Comment