Saturday, February 28, 2009

Shopping Day

I got lots of sleep last night and today went to Covent Garden to do some shopping. I realized I didn't have very many short-sleeved shirts here and I needed a green one for St. Patty's day anyway. First I went to Rokit (my trusty hand-me-down store), but the t-shirts were pretty expensive actually, then I went to H&M and they did not fail me! I bought a green v-neck t-shirt for £5 and a salmon and dark salmon flower print scoop neck shirt for £5. Yay! I also bought some socks since the dryer here has eaten some of mine. Then I walked into the heart of Covent Garden and watched a magician and other street performers for a while. There were stands selling fruit and I bought blueberries for £1, a bowl of 7 plums for £1, and 7 bananas for £1. I did very well! :)

A bit later I went to the grocery store to stock up on cereal, bread, and milk, and otherwise have just been reading Bleak House.

Tomorrow and Monday are going to be very exciting! I'm going to Canterbury and/or Dover tomorrow (I'll check the weather) and then to Oxford onMonday. Look for updates! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment